Men’s Member Groups and Leagues
The Gaggle is a men’s member group open to members and accompanied guests of Wildwood Green. The Gaggle plays Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays all year around usually starting with 10:00 AM tee times.
Cost to play in the Gaggle is $10 per golfer plus any applicable green/cart fees. Different team games are set up by the Golf Shop using their handicap. Such games include 2 net of 3, 1 gross and 1 net and “points”. You may enter beginning one week prior to play and up until 2:00 PM the day prior to play (provided there is room). Please call the Golf Shop at (919) 846-8376 extension 2 or by emailing email@example.com to sign up each week.
Prize awards are based on the number of participants:
- Less than 10 players- One prize for the 18 hole match
- 10-19 players: Prizes awarded to the winners of the front nine and back nine
- 20 or more players: Prizes awarded for the front nine, back nine and overall.
Playing by the same set of rules will make participation in the Gaggle a much more enjoyable experience. USGA rules govern play in the Gaggle with the following club exceptions:
- Drop zones on holes 6 and 12
- Balls may be moved up to one club length in your own fairway
- Balls coming to rest in wood chips or pine straw are deemed in play and shall not be moved.
- Putts cannot be conceded. All putts must be holed out and all putts count.
- A “Leaf Rule” will be enacted in the fall. (The committee will advise when this rule is in effect)
In the event of questionable ruling, a second ball should be played on that hole and a decision will be made after the round.
The handicap system is the key to having a fair and equitable competition. It is essential that all players maintain their handicaps by timely and accurate posting of their scores.
- 100% of the handicap will be used for the team games
A Gaggle committee has been formed to address any issues regarding play in the Gaggle. Any issues that arise or recommendations should be brought to the attention of a committee member. Any comments made to the committee will remain confidential. The current committee is composed of the following members:
With the end of spring and beginning of summer Wildwood Green will bring you the Men’s Golf Association League. The MGA will swing into action starting in May and will run thru September. Golfers will meet each Monday evening with tee times starting around 5:30 PM and play nine holes of match play. Sign up for the MGA with the golf shop by calling (919) 846-8376 extension 2 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MGA is open to male members with a GHIN handicap. Special request tee times can be made with the Golf Shop.
The WildOats is open to men members who are 50 years and older. The WildOats meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the year. The starting time fluctuates with the seasons. A shotgun start is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sign up for the WildOats in the golf shop on the signup board.